Monday, June 4, 2012

three little birds

I think it shows my commitment to dressing impractically no matter what the weather that today I dressed in two layers of black. In the Beijing heat.

dress from Zara, skirt from H&M, tights as belt (I lack basic clothing), shoes from Taobao
I like my hair in these photos because this is possibly the easiest hairstyle ever (all it requires are bobby pins and..copious amounts of hair) but still looks awesome because of the colour difference.


I've not really dressed like this for a while, and it was kind of interesting seeing everyone's reactions to it when I went shopping with my family. People were giving me weird looks, there was blatant staring, etc. 
It was weirdly nice. Like, it was a deliberate action on my part (not dressing in shorts and a t shirt) that caused the stares and so..it was kind of empowering? I don't know. That all probably sounds ridiculous.
All I'm trying to say is, I'm starting to understand further how dressing yourself can be empowering and feminist and all that.

Oh god I feel so pretentious and pseudo-intellectual IGNORE ME AND MY RAMBLINGS.

Currently busy with WSC, internal exams and the devil in the form of music composition homework, so posting will be sporadic at times when I can drag myself out of my insomniac haze.


Hannah

2 comments:

  1. THEY WERE LOOKING AT YOU BECAUSE YOU LOOK AMAZING. CLEAR. LY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you gotta do what you want to do -- by the way LOVE your blog's background.

    http://violetlyone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!