Sunday, May 22, 2011

flashbacks to kaohsiung


Most of you probably know that this is a mahjong piece. I got it for 10 kuai at FengGuo Box (which, incidentally is a very cool shop. Go there!) and at first I wasn't sure why I bought it. There were other rings to choose from, there was even a Mario-style mushroom necklace. Something about the mahjong rings just made me want to buy them. I picked one at random and went to pay, and as I slipped it on my finger I felt slightly homesick.
In essence, I bought it because I like rings, I own barely any jewellery and my grandma plays mahjong with her neighbourhood friends in Taiwan and I occasionally miss Taiwan.
Yay. Now you know my fascinating justifications for buying things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!