Sunday, April 10, 2011

gimme a ticket for an aeroplane, I ain't got time to take a fast train

I cannot say ain't. Anything like that (yo, man, dude, ain't, wassup, epic) sounds utterly ridiculous coming out of my mouth. If you ever see me in a video, just mentally alter my voice so that it's deeper and less.. Well, one of my teacher's told me -right before a debate- that I raise the end of every sentence. So whatever that's called.
Anyway, I digress. 

I'M GOING TO KUALA LUMPUR.

Team 27 against The Robots. Inside joke.
Remember that thing that I was excited about a while ago? You probably don't but it doesn't matter; our only regular reader is Jana  (you're awesome!) so I doubt there are many who have read that far back. Or have read at all. Anyway, I was excited about this- the World Scholar's Cup. It's an academic competition that involves debating, essay-writing and an individual and team quiz. Needless to say, my team -which consisted of Erin and Yang- was hastily put together at the last minute after much hair-pulling and lacked any sort of revision strategy beyond, "You take Biotechnology, I WANT FILM. Oh, and bagsy Short Stories.". This meant that when the awards ceremony came round, we expected to win nothing and to miss out on the World Finals in Malaysia. AND YET LOOK:

MY MEDALS. YAY. MEDALS. I NEVER WIN ANYTHING. CAN YOU TELL?
And, LOOK AGAIN:



Sorry, I know this is a fashion blog (there is a squiggly red line under blog. It doesn't think blog is a word.) and that my posting is erratic and usually fairly boring but I never win anything. The only medals I ever get are for participation. 

AND MY TEAM IS GOING TO THE WORLD FINALS IN MALAYSIA.


*breathes*

Hannah

2 comments:

  1. congratulations!!!
    i keep my fingers crossed ;-)
    Jana

    zuckerbaeckerei.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWWWEESSSOMMMEEE. Kuala Lumpur is amazing!!! Congratulations and I hope you have an excellent trip!!

    ReplyDelete

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!