Saturday, February 12, 2011

oh no don't close your eyes

Ani DiFranco's lyrics are so good. Every single one is incredibly quotable, my school planner and the blank pages of tests that I finish early are always covered in doodles of her song lyrics. My Ani phase has passed though, now The Smiths are on repeat. Especially Strangeways, Here We Come. *sigh* I love The Smiths (no last name bias, I swear).

After a few disastrous attempts at DIY-ing my very own bowtie, I resorted to using a bow clip. I think it worked pretty well, but you'll still find me searching feverishly for the perfect bowtie on Taobao. I remember seeing ceramic bowties on Susie Bubble's blog (she is awesome, by the way, if I could only visit one blog for the rest of my life it would definitely be hers.) and swooning ever so slightly. Oh, who am I kidding, I collapsed on the settee cursing the heavens that they couldn't be mine. I can't lie to my faithful readers, wherever they may be.

Also, it snowed! Well, it's manmade (as is all the snow I've ever seen in Beijing) but it still counts. I think.
Do you notice my new glasses? They're...different. My peripheral vision is basically useless because they've blurred out the sides to stop me using it. I'm not sure how, but it's supposed to be better for my eyesight..? *doubtful face*

Oh, clothes details.
-Grandmother's skirt
-H&M lace shirt
-United Colours (Colors? Is it American? I should learn these things.) of Benetton top
-Artbox bow
-Claire's Accessories bow
-Dad's socks
-Clarks boots

I always forget to look happy.
Look, my new glasses! 
I tend to get dressed while listening to music, and I've come to the conclusion that my music choices affect my outfits. Today I was listening to Girlfriend in a Coma (I listen to the same song over and over again till I'm sick of it, then move on to the next song in an album), so take from that what you will.

Pretty colours..

I think my facial expressions and lackluster writing are driving people away.

Should I talk more about my outfit? It basically came down to the colour green, I thought the bows and the skirt looked nice together because of their similar colouring (Greenish blue? Turquoise? Aqua? I  should learn these things) and the lace shirt was there because I love fastening the top button, because the whole idea of top buttons done up is so very prim and proper, but the shirt is made out of this fairly revealing lace material. Contrasts, yknow? 

On another note, I've been missing so many cool events in Beijing (not that I was invited/could've gone), I was looking at Stylites, a Beijing-based street style blog, and there was a Prada event, a Fendi event, and I completely forgot about this pop up store in the Village! Called Nouveau Rich (Riche? Ah. I'm so unprofessional), I read about it in City Weekend and I really did mean to have a look. 
I mean, I couldn't have bought anything  because I've already spent most of my Chinese New Year money on chocolate cake, taxi fare and more taxi fares, but it looked really interesting.
Although, I probably wouldn't have set foot inside the shop anyway because I have this irrational (well, I think it's perfectly rational but it seems I'm alone in thinking that) fear of shop assistants that TALK to you. Nevermind that that's their job, I just hate being talked to or watched/followed through the shop...that's understandable right? I'm a shy person! (like, nod silently at everything, blush at the slightest provocation shy).

*yawns*

It's way past my bedtime.

Hannah

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love, loveeeee the lace shirt with the bow tie. I want this whole outfit! Amazingness.

    oldirtyd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!