Thursday, July 1, 2010

London's calling! (well. Sunderland.)

Just watched this movie. I love it. And it's by the director of
Napoleon Dynamite! Can't get any better than that.

Anyway, the title says it all really.
I'm going to Sunderland! For two weeks! And Facebook, Blogger, and
Youtube will all be UNBLOCKED!
*dances around madly*
I'll try to blog more since in England I'm free of the constraints of
proxies and censorship (not that I don't love you, China. Please
unblock everything.) but I have other duties, like family time too :)
Oh, since this is a going away post, I'd like to ask a question. Wait,
more like..a few questions.

(this is for everyone who reads this post)

How did you find this blog?
Is this your first time reading this?
And -the most important question- does anyone know any really good
clothes/shoe/vintage/secondhand/just plain awesome shops in the
Sunderland/Newcastle/Middlesborough area?
Ooh that was a lot of slashes.

So, I hope somebody replies in the comments!

Zaijian,

Hannah

P.S I can't actually reply to any comments myself, only Naomi can. Proxy issues.
Sorry...!

2 comments:

  1. I'm from round there! I know Middlesbrough well, and it's alright, shopping wise. There aren't many good vintage places and the shops are mainly typical high street, and Topshops, but if you are in Middlesbrough on the 10th there is a Designers Marketplace in the Town Hall Crypt which is worth checking out (designersmarketplace.blogspot.com)
    Just wander along Linthorpe road and see what you can find!
    Newcastle is waaaay better for shopping, there are loads of places to go to and see. The Metro Centre is a MASSIVE shopping centre in Newcastle, and Eldon Square in the town is greaaaat for shops. I think there are a few vintage shops in Newcastle, like Attica Vintage, which is good.
    I don't know much about Sunderland though

    Why are you going to Sunderland? It's not the usual tourist place :)

    Anyways, that was a loooong comment! Let me know if you want any more info, cos I know the North East really well haha

    Sonia xo

    http://dozendresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy its hannah, since I'm in England I can actually reply.. :D
    thanks for all the info! I'm going to try and take a look at Attica Vintage and the Metro Centre, but I kind of spent a whole morning in The Bridges, so I'm not sure they'll be too happy to bring me to Newcastle. And yep, as naomi said, my dad's side of the family is from Sunderland so we go there every year ^-^
    Anyway, thanks so much!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!