Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm really not a camera whore

I swear I'm not a camera whore!
My mother -who took the photos in a moment of..I can only imagine
insanity- went a bit trigger happy with the camera. Or whatever the
equivalent of trigger happy is when applied to a camera. This is
irrelevant.
Anyway! My parents, my grandparents, my brother and my entire extended
family (English side, anyway) all seem to agree that my outfit here is
very 60's. I hadn't noticed until they all commented on it, mostly I
was enjoying tucking in my shirt for something OTHER than school for
once. There seems to be a stigma attached to tucking in your shirt,
but honestly? I love doing it! Especially with waist-banded skirts (I
have a feeling that that's not a word..). I mean, as long as its not
mandatory or enforced by all-seeing teachers...
So, what am I wearing?
~H&M skirt
~Tammy Girl checked shirt
~M&S black school shoes (to replace my old ones which were falling
apart- literally)
~necklace from my great aunt
~bag from chinese market (near The Zoo) Not the actual Zoo, the giant
clothes market in Xidan called The Zoo. Just to clear up any confusion
there.
Okay, I know my clothes aren't from "cool" brands (right now, they're
all from typical high street 'fast fashion' labels) but...I like them.
Fashion is supposed to make you happy, right?
On a similar note, I just bought floral lacy purple tights from, um,
Wilkinsons, which is probably not a very fashion-y place.. *pictures
will come*
Well, to finish off the nerdiness, I would just like to say that the
Doctor Who exhibition looks AWESOME.
See ya,
Hannah
P.S I love England. They have magazines....*jeremy clarkson pause* IN
ENGLISH. So I can actually read them! Not to mention, I almost bought
i-D, Dazed and Confused, Wonderland and 10 today at W.H Smith. However
my mum convinced me they would be too heavy to bring back to the
guesthouse so...I'll go buy them another day ^-^

5 comments:

  1. i think that is the cutest outfit e v e r ♥
    envy the skirt (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much :D
    yeah, the skirt really caught my eye...not to mention it was on sale haha

    Hannah
    (of the blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw that comment there was me, I was just having sign in issues

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :D ~typical school shoes

    ReplyDelete

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!