Friday, January 8, 2010

not as good as the original, *smile*

I first found John Paul Thurlow on Susie Bubble's blog Style Bubble (incredibly awesome, just so y'know) and I kind of got inspired to do something like his drawings.
He draws magazine covers with pencils and sometimes changes them slightly so in the end they look AMAZING. Yes, that warrants capital letters. Of course I completely forgot about it, but four months (and a few days, no need to get technical) later I went into a magazine cover drawing FRENZY. I'd just like to say, these are nowhere near as good because (as i said in the introduction post) my drawing skills don't extend to faces. Or, hands, really.
So my people are just a little bit creepy, haha.






Yes. Btw the writing on the face of the last photo says ' a face used to be here'. I wrote it because EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. asked me whether the actual cover had no face!
It's completely unskilled compared to John Paul Thurlow.
In fact, my own brother compared it to a drawing he did and said his was better. He has the drawing skills of an incompetent bricklayer.
Annyong (apparently hello and goodbye are the same in korean..?)
Hannah
P.S Ob la di, ob la da, life goes on. My new motto!


No comments:

Post a Comment

you can tell us we're weird, its ok. comment away!